Create report in Dynamics Nav
With Document Creator creating reports in Dynamics NAV is almost fun. Whether you are a developer, a consultant or an end user, anyone can create a report in Dynamics NAV! Create reports in Dynamics NAV was, to put it mildly, never an easy task. Developers and consultants had a struggle through a painstaking process. This was the inspiration to come up with Document Creator, an add-on which provides an easy way of creating reports in Dynamics NAV!
You no longer need in-depth knowledge. All you need is working within Microsoft Dynamics NAV. Document Creator enables developers and consultants to create a report in less time, with less stress. Even end users are now able to create simple adjustments.
Document Creator is a fully functional .NET report creator compatible with NAV2015 and up. Here is an enumeration of why Document Creator is such a big relief for you:
- The report designer does not depend on the development environment
- No difficult and time consuming installations
- Complete and intelligent, relational datasets with a clear deep layer structure
- Drag & Drop fields into the report
- Quick Report creation from scratch
- Intuitive report editor
- Choose your own code per report (VB.NET | C#)
- “Double pass” functionality, necessary for e.g. total number of pages
- Even better than Classic reports, with more possibilities, no longer depend on RDLC
- Barcode usage, including various QR codes
Why create a report in Dynamics NAV?
Document Creator is built from the perspective of completely replacing RDLC all its shortcomings, with a more sophisticated reporting solution. Document Creator supplies a Report Converter only as a valuable additional option. Due the structured dataset which Document Creator uses, you can create a report in Dynamics Nav much faster than, for example, ForNav. Therefore the memory usage is managed much better. This not only results in faster processing and printing, but is also a big advantage when it comes to larger datasets. Standard RDLC, and also the ForNAV solution which is built on top of standard RDLC, works with flattened datasets which can make it very hard for a client device to process larger reports.
Are you looking for an easy way to create report in Dynamics NAV? Please feel free to contact us!