Document Creator is all about saving time in creating document report layouts in Microsoft Dynamics NAV as well as Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (On Premise). We are proud to announce that a new version of Document Creator has been released which facilitates this even better, through various small improvements and fixes.
This new minor release includes various small (but nonetheless valuable!) improvements and fixes for both application and report engine. An overview:
New Application Features
New Business Central April ’19 Version!
We are proud to announce that Document Creator is now available for the Dynamics 365 Business Central April ’19 On-Premise release. With the DCR 3.61 release, Document Creator can now be installed as an AL extension using the Business Central Administration Shell.
For the Business Central April ’19 release, Document Creator is split up into the following components:
- The Document Creator extension – This is the main extension with all core functionality for rendering, creating, editing, importing, exporting, archiving and converting layouts, defining export profiles for them, and so on.
This extension is offered as a runtime package so that it can be published/installed with any Business Central license, and without requiring the control add-in to be installed beforehand. Note that is also possible to step through the code with the debugger if necessary.
- The Document Creator Utilities extension – This is a separate extension that includes the translation features and report utilities (e.g., helper functions that can be used in report objects). This extension is offered as a runtime package so that it can be published/installed with any Business Central license. Note that is also possible to step through the code with the debugger if necessary.
A C/AL version of the objects from this extension are available as well, which you may prefer if you still want to be able to use these features in C/AL report objects again as well.
A collection of template report objects is available in a Document Creator W1 Templates extension. You can publish and install this extension in your Business Central database and/or download the source code of the report objects in this extension and use them as a starting point for your own reports.
A C/AL version of the template reports are available for the April ’19 release again as well.
+ Added tooltips to Custom Report Layout page actions (Business Central, April ’19)
+ Create and run support files from the web client (Business Central, April ’19)
* Run “Check product key” action on server instead of client (Business Central)
* Added check for Logger dependency in client/server add-in cache
* Check client/server add-in cache of alternative add-in folder names
– Fixed bug when calling SaveAs with FileName not storing report to path (Business Central)
– Removed deprecated procedure wgFncC9651MergeWordLayout (Business Central, Fall ’18)
New Designer Features
Report Core Engine Updated to 2019.1.20
+ Toggle editing mode from the “View Data” window in the designer
+ Save changes to data in the “View Data” window after leaving a cell
* Moved HtmlType property as an option (HtmlAdvanced) of the new TextRenderType property of TextObjects
* Restricted available actions in the Preview window
– Fixed bug in TypeConverter attribute(s)
Download version 3.61
You can download the new version here >>